Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dream & Goals

As you can probably tell, I'm a person that strongly believes in the power of a dream or BHAG (Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal, in case the initials threw you.)

Jer-Bear's had some difficult times. I'm not going to go into details here–at least not yet–but most of the them have been financial. I've watched him struggle to make an adequate living up here in Canada since he moved up here, watched him fall further and further behind on his bills and have to make some difficult decisions. I saw him go from hopeful to dejected to demoralized. I know he'd turned his back on ever getting out of the hole. When you love someone, you do everything you can to bring them hope, but sometimes words can only do so much. They can't always dig deep enough to do the inspiring work you'd like them to.

But in recent weeks I've seen his attitude do a 180, and this week I watched Jer-Bear take the first steps to rectifying his financial situation. He said to me "When I'm sitting and relaxing on that boat, I don't want to have any worries. So I have to look after all those worries now."

My wish for everyone reading this, is that you find your own powerful dream.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites