Monday, August 18, 2008

Ticket Sales & Rocking Mom's World!

We checked our post office box for raffle purchases. Here's what happened:



So no news there, but we did go to my mom's to help out with yard work.

When my dad passed away 2.5 years ago, my brother and I thought we'd be able to talk her into moving out of the big, almost 50-year-old home that needed many repairs to a lovely, safe condo. No luck.
So from time to time Jer-Bear, the girls and I help out with a project. One time it was house-painting, another cleaning out the shed (that's ongoing, actually) and today it was landscaping.

Here's Jer-Bear starting around 9:30 a.m. Sunday morning:



We finished at 2:30 p.m. Check out the full project at our Flickr account

2 comments:

palmtree said...

We struggled a bit but finally got the boat of our dreams A 2005 Bayliner 325. I hope you get what you want but don't put yourselves farther in debt to do it. Everything good is worth waiting for - and yes it's that good!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Palmtree, thanks for the comment! Send us a pic of your "baby" and we'll post it (floatourboat@gmail.com.) I'm curious about what you named her and what a typical outing looks like. We're hoping to go crabbing in the San Juans with ours.

We definitely DON'T want to fall into the finance trap and I completely agree–good things ARE worth waiting for!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites